As one of our authorized agents, it's important you understand your responsibilities and the correct procedures.
Education Services for Overseas Students Legislative Framework (ESOS)
Pollard English is a registered dual-sector provider which offers education services to international students. In order for us to provide education and training services to overseas students, we must comply with the rules and regulations of the Federal Government, TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency) and ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority).
This Legislative Framework includes:
ESOS Charges and Levies Acts
The ESOS Act requires Pollard English to maintain a current list of authorised agents.
ESOS requires agents (but not limited to):
- Refer students who genuinely intend to be temporary entrants to Australia for the purpose of achieving successful education outcomes at Pollard English and who then plan to utilise the skills gained through study in Australia to return home (or to an alternate country) to gain employment
- Ensure students receive accurate and current information about Pollard English, including campus locations, facilities, entrance requirements, information about the Pollard English course, and tuition fees
- Ensure students receive information about living in Australia, the local environment, costs of living and accommodation options
- Ensure that the Pollard English course is right for your client based on your client’s experience, English level and previous qualifications including information on content, duration, qualifications, tuition fees and payment/refund policies
- Ensure students are aware of the conditions of their student visas and ensure they comply with these conditions
- Do not engage in dishonest practices and not providing immigration advice where not qualified to do so
Agents Must Not:
- Engage in dishonest practices including counselling students that they can arrive in Australia on a student visa with a primary purpose other than that of study
- Identify students who do not comply with visa conditions yet still proceed with sending an application to Pollard English
- Engage in false or misleading marketing/advertising or recruitment practices
- Provide false or inaccurate information about a course at Pollard English
- Provide false or inaccurate information about employment or migration outcomes associated with an Pollard English course
- Commit to/guarantee a student that Pollard English will accept a prospective student into a course at Pollard English
- Advertise or market Pollard English in any way without prior consent from Pollard English Marketing Team
Pollard English Marketing Team recommends that authorised agents visit the Department of Home Affairs’s (DHA) website for updates and visa enquiries.